Employment vacancies for Fort Bragg and the surrounding community can be found online.
Non-Appropriated Funds, commonly known as NAF jobs, can be found online and a link to the NAF Job Application Kit is here.
To see current vacancies scroll down the left hand column and click on "Search for jobs." Click on "North Carolina," scroll down and click the applicant eligibility section to determine which jobs you can apply for.
Listings will come up that show the duties, qualifications and who may apply. If you have never been in the federal system, you will click "no" at the beginning , unless you have Veteran's Preference as outlined.
Applicants who qualify for internal vacancy announcements must be able to answer "yes" to one of the below criteria questions. Otherwise, only applicants are only eligible to apply for external vacancy announcements or NAF positions.
- Military Spouse/Family Member Preference?
- Veterans' Preference?
- Person separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous military service?
- Person with non-competitive appointment eligibility?
- Current federal employee in an excepted service position covered by an interchange agreement?-Eligible for reinstatement?
One way to get into the system is to take a NAF position for one year and then you are eligible to apply for internal vacancy announcements that can be found online or at the local Civilian Personnel Advisory Center.
Applications for NAF positions can be faxed in at 910-964-0248, mailed in or submitted in person at their Macomb Street office. All applications are date stamped when they receive them, and the postage date must be stamped before the closing date on the vacancy announcement.
There is often confusion about the use of the Spouse Preference Program. Having Military Spouse Preference does not guarantee job placement and simply being married to a service member does not entitle an applicant to spouse preference.
The Military Spouse Preference Program:
- Applies to eligible spouses of active duty military members of the U.S. Armed Forces, including the U.S. Coast Guard and full-time National Guard, who are applying and referred for certain positions at Department of Defense activities in the United States, its territories and possessions, and in overseas areas;
- Applies only within the commuting area of the permanent duty station of the sponsor;
- Applies only if the spouse entered into the marriage with the military sponsor prior to the reporting date to the new duty assignment; and
- Applies only if the spouse meets all preference and appointment eligibility requirements.
This program does not apply when the sponsor is separating or retiring.
Jobs on Fort Bragg take time and the application process from start to finish can take up to six months, so plan ahead and get your paperwork in order and apply for as many positions that you feel you qualify for.
If you do not meet criteria requirements or have specific experience for the qualifications or meet minimum education requirement listed, you will not be matched up to a position.
Most jobs have a minimum window to remain open, so if you are checking once a week, you should not miss any as they post.